Monday, June 18, 2012

And The Winner Is.............

Hey everyone!! Sorry this one took me a while to get up! Ive been asking all you readers what you wanted me to try next via my poll. And so.......... after over 2 weeks, we finally have a winner! Only leading by 2 points......... Converse Shoes!!!!!! :D
 Converse is one of my favorite types of shoes, so I was ecstatic to say the least when this won!

This is the first time Ive attempted to do these, even though its always been on my "to-do list"....

 Its going to take a while, so make sure you have the time (and patience)! Okay, so let's get down to it! :]


   You don't need the exact colors I have, because we all have different tastes! My inspiration for my nails came from my 3 pairs of converse that I have... which happen to be my favorite colors lol

 Glitters a color, right?? ;)

SO, Step 1: After putting a coat of the clear polish, paint 2 coats of whatever color you want ( I chose hot pink, black, and silver)
 Make sure that each layer of polish is completely dry between each step! 

Tip: To give the glitter appearance, I pained 2 coats of the silver polish and then topped it with 1 coat of the fabulous glitter polish. (that way you dont need to put 5 coats of the glitter to have it look really glittery)


Step 2: Put a line of white polish for the "toe cap".  Make it as thin or as thick as you want, just don't round it like you would a French Tip, keep it straight across.. You may need to put 2 coats of this... it all depends on if you can see the base color underneath.

Tip: Remember my tip about using the striper to even out your line if its not as even or as straight as you want!


Step 3: Put 2 rows of dots in the middle of your nail, using your silver striper..... you can put as many or as little as you want, theyre just for the eyelets (where the laces go through).

Tip: They don't have to be exactly even, you can always alter them with the next step!

Step 4: Put a rounded black stripe closer to the tip of your nails.....try to have the stripe start under the white and end around the same place on the other side......I think it gives it more of a 3-D look! This makes the racing stripe!


If you prefer your Converse without laces, then this is the look for you! :D

Step 5: Using the black striper, put dots over your silver dots that you already have on there... this gives it the appearance of an actual eyelet!

Tip: Its pretty hard to get it right in the center with the tiny brushes, so aim to paint the black dots a little higher then you would think, and most of the time, it'll go in the center... if that dosent work, then try a little lower! One of the reasons that you wait so long in between layers is that you should be able to just wipe off the layer that you just messed up........... believe me, it helps!! :D
 Step 6: Take your white striper and make laces!! Cris-cross, or whatever way you like to tie your Converse! (some people have their own unique way!)

Tip: Its not gonna be perfect............so stop stressing!!


Clean up your edges, put on a clear coat and you have this!!! :D Adorable, right!?


So, now I'm going to show you why you need to wait for it to dry COMPLETELY........


I rushed this hand and then when I "thought" it was dry, I went on with my life.............. yeah, I think I need to take my own advice more often.. So let this be a warning lol

So, thank you for reading through this!! If you need any help, or have any questions, just let me know!!

And if you have anymore ideas for me to try, then PLEASE comment and share it with me! Im always willing to try new things!! :D









No comments:

Post a Comment